Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

Default How to Sort Invalid Email Addresses?

Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"la90292" wrote in message
. com...
Since one is an advanced filter and one an auto filter how can you apply
them at the same time. I can not do them separately without showing all
the
records again. Or, how would I use write the formula above the email
column
using the advanced filter to produce the same results as the auto filter.
tried writing "does not contain @" above the email colum, but that didn't
work.

Best regards,
victor

Don Guillett wrote in message
Couldn't you apply both filters?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SeaTiger" wrote in message
. com...
Hi Don:

Thank's for the suggestion. That worked fine; however, my customer list
has been previously sorted using an "advanced filter" for the 13
western
states only. So, when I use your suggestion to identify the invalid

email
address it shows all the records in all the states. How would I
override
this to only do the customers in the 13 western states with invalid

email
addresses?

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
victor

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
try data filter
datafilterautofiltercustomdoesnotcontain @

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid

email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so
that

can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor