Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CMIConnie

Default Excel shows formula, not result

It is strange... I formated it as a number and it worked. It is a huge
spreadsheet (over 7000 rows) so maybe that has something to do with it. but
it is working now so that's okay with me :)

"ewan7279" wrote:

It seems strange, that's all. Even with a cell formatted as text, the
formula should still return the result... Try entering the formula with
ctrl+shift+enter.

"CMIConnie" wrote:

yes, it has an "=" sign before the formula. Someone just suggested checking
the format so I will check that... Thank you

"ewan7279" wrote:

This may seem obvious, but is there an " = " sign in the cell before your
formula...?

"CMIConnie" wrote:

Help! I have a conditional formula that will not show the result. It shows
only the formula. Right now, the formulas box in the view tab under
tools/options is UNCHECKED and the formula still shows. I've tried checking
the box and it still shows. I really need my result in the cell and the day
is getting away from me...(Excel 2000)