Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
donnaK

Default Locked by User

Dave, That was extremely helpful and hopefully will resolve our issues. On a
further note, is it possible to look somewhere in order to see the path
associated with the current registration of Excel? We don't want to omit
anything.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

maybe:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly
or
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen

Both from Debra Dalgleish's site.

If the file is save on a network drive, you may have to get your IT folks to
reboot that server. It may help.

donnaK wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to determine who the "user" is that has document
open when we get the "Can only open as read-only" message? I am on a network
and every computer has a unique identity. I checked with the first level of
IT and got nowhere.

--

Dave Peterson