Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
maryj

Default data validation

Thanks Dave and Debra for your great suggestions. You guys are the best!!
What we ended up doing was rather than using the cells with the formulas
linking to the other sheet, we created a dynamic range on sheet where the
actual values were entered. This eliminated the issue of needing to use "".
--
maryj

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Instead of using COUNTA in the formula, you could use COUNTIF, e.g.:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,"0") ,1)

maryj wrote:
Thanks Debra. I tried to create a dynamic range using the offset and the
counta, except the counta doesn't work since Excel does not interpret the
cells as being blank since they contain a formula. I'd love to hear any
other suggestions you have.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List