Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sa02000

Default Derived Columns in Pivot Table

Is it possible to have a column in Pivot table with values of this
column derived from existing columns (like sum,product of values from
two or more columns)?

For example, I have column 1,2,3 and 1000 rows. Now, when I create a
pivot table I list different values from column 1 as rows in pivot
table and values from column 2 as my columns in pivot table. I get 10
rows (from column 1) and 4 columns (from column 2) in pivot table. Now
I want to create third column in pivot table by adding values from
first two columns of pivot table.

Is there any other way to do this without pivot table? I like the fact
that in pivot table I can double click on a cell and get all the data
behind it in another worksheet.

Jay

--
sa02000