E2engine

Thanks for your response. What you are suggesting would mean that the number
would first need to be formatted as text and then searched and replaced for
the period. It may work if I can figure out how to limit the true value of
the numbers to the exact number of characters. Don't forget a number
formated for 2 decimal places (which is the decimal formatted original value)
could actually be a longer string because of rounding. This would paste as
the full unrounded string. But I will investigate doing a Values paste on
this column and see what happens. Sounds like a Macro to me!

"N Harkawat" wrote:

Go to Edit -- replace
Search for .(decimal)
replace (leave that emplty)

"E2engine" wrote in message
I am trying to format numbers without decimal points! Sounds easy, but is
not. For instance:

1.72 should appear as 172
14.26 should appear as 1426

I am told the reason the customer needs this format is because they are
importing into a COBOL system and any separator kills the process. I have
had no luck with this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.