Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Excel 2000 can't open Excel 2003 workbook

Nope. The file format for xl97 to xl2003 is the same. So any of these versions
should be able to open your file.

I'd try again.

I'd use windows explorer.
traverse to the folder that holds your 2005 workbook
rightclick on that file
copy
find an empty spot on that right hand side
rightclick|paste
Rename "copy of...." to the name you want for 2006.

Then share that version again.

burnsbyrne wrote:

I created a "2006" version of a workbook directly from the "2005"
version and saved it on our network. Another person tried to open the
2006 version and it opened as a blank sheet although she was able to
open the 2005 version without problems. I created the spreadsheets in
Excel 2003. She is running Excel 2000. I tried to search for
incompatibility issues on the MS web site with no success. Are there
any known issues?
Thanks for your help!
Mike

--