Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Landanan

Default Auto-updating top-list.

Hi guys.
I've been trying to make this feature for a few days now and I still
can't come with any solution :(

Let's suppose I have the following table:

[image: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5...board18tf.jpg]

I need the top-5 people with the top 5 highest scores to be transferred
into the second table automatically. Name goes to the left column, score
goes to the right one.

Ok, adding the scores is not a problem, I'm using the following
formulas:

B15 = LARGE(B2:B10;1)
B16 = LARGE(B2:B10;2)
B17 = LARGE(B2:B10;3)
B18 = LARGE(B2:B10;4)
B19 = LARGE(B2:B10;5)

Now how do I make a name going to the appropriate cell?
I've tryed using the following function
=OFFSET(A1;MATCH(LARGE(B2:B10;k);B2:B10;0);0;1;1)
where -k- is the required k-th largest number...and it works fine! As
long as there are no repeating scores.

Now look what I get when I try to do this:

[image: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5...board25af.jpg]

Notice second and third positions. The names are the same, while one of
them Joes is supposed to be Nick.
I guess the problem here is in MATCH function which returns the
position of the first matching value, which is then used in OFFSET
function to get a name.
So...how can I fix this?

--
Landanan