Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ-22

Default Array formula lookup

Thanks for the responses. They have worked well for me. However, this
experience has prompted me to want to take it a step further. Is it
possible to generate a list of all students with a specific comment and
list them in the order that the comments were given?

For example:
Column 1 = names
Row 1 = dates
B2:CA74 = records.

I want to generate a list of all students who have the letter "m"
(missing assignments) in their row. The previous formulas worked great
for generating a list based upon a specific column (date), but I now
want a list to be continuous throughout the whole grading term
(B2:CA74). I want to list all students who have missing assignments
and I want them to be in order by dates. I hope I have explained this
clearly. Thank you for any replies.

--
CJ-22
CJ-22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17551