Scott Summerlin

Danke sehr!

Have a great weekend.

Scott

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following:
- select an empty cell and copy it
- select your imported values
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Scott Summerlin" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Frank,

The original values--both the currency and percentages--come from a

Essbase,
which is a financial database system. That's obviously the problem.

When
Essbase displays values in Excel, the values in each cell are

unformatted
i.e. they don't display as currency or percentages, they simply

display as
text. So even though I've changed the formatting of the cells, Excel

must be
ignoring my formatting and reading the underlying Essbase formatting.
Interesting. Thanks so much for your assistance.

Regards,
Scott

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
depends how you have created your original values. Have you

imported
them?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Scott Summerlin" <Scott

schrieb
im Newsbeitrag
Hi Frank,

Yes, your suggestion works. This still leaves me perplexed on

two
issues:
1. None of the cells are formatted as text. b1 is currency, b6

is
percentage. How come Excel is reading them as text?
2. How come the equation works in some copies of the worksheet

but
not all?

Thanks,
Scott

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
does the following work:
=sumproduct(--b1:b5,--b6:b10)
If yes, then your values are stored as text

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Scott Summerlin" <Scott

schrieb
im Newsbeitrag
In cell a1, I have the following sumproduct equation,
=sumproduct(b1:b5,b6:b10). The data in b1:b5 is formatted as
currency. The
data in b6:b10 is percentages; the percentage values come

from a
link
another worksheet.

The sumproduct functions works fine on the original

worksheet.
However, I
made 10 copies of original. For 4 of them, the sumproduct
function
does not
work. Cells b1:b5 have numbers greater than zero. The
percentages
in b6:b10
are 100%. Therefore, cell a1 should have a number greater

than
zero.
Yet,
cell a1 shows only zero.

If I eliminate the links for the percentages in cells b6:b10

and
instead
manually input the percentages, the sumproduct equation in

cell
a1
returns
the proper value.

I have two mysteries to solve:
1. How come the sumproduct equation works on some of the

copied
worksheets
but not all?
2. How come the sumproduct equation works if I convert the
percentages from
linked data to manually inputted data?

Thanks,
Scott