Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default excel to csv export

I would think writing a macro to export the data exactly the way you want it
would be the way to go:

Some samples:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

Earl's program has a supports lots of different options. You may want to see if
that works for you right out of the box.

Bob wrote:

Hi
I am trying to export my spreadsheet as a csv file. I would like to have
double quotes for each cell content exported. This csv file is used to load a
table in sqlserver. Currently there is no option to do this.
I would like to do this because if my cell contains a comma then the export
will fail.
Or is there another way to do this?
Please inform.

Thanks