Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kellie

Default Is there a formula which will print the sheet name in Excel?

I don't think this is possible as when you do a lookup you specific a lookup
area or data table which is usually a defined group of cells, opposed to a
worksheet.

The lookup function works by using the data table as a point of reference
and there doesn't seem to be any function that will allow you to select cells
from different sheets under one range name. (You can using the same sheet). I
think the only way you can do this is by using VB code but I can't help you
there.

As an after thought maybe give some throught to using Access to create a
database theat you can reference from all angles???

"jhow" wrote:

I want to do a lookup using a list of sheet names in a workbook. For example
I want to lookup something in 'Sheet1' and refer to a cell.