Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MeatLightning

Default conditional formatting: problem entering EOMONTH formula...

cool thanks!

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote:

btw, I learned that one from Chip.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTi...tm#DaysInMonth

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote:

My guess is that the problem is becuase the EOMONTH formula is part of the
analysis tool pack.

I worked around it with the following conditional format formula in F14

=IF(DATE(YEAR(L3),MONTH(L3)+1,0)=F14,TRUE,FALSE)

"MeatLightning" wrote:

Hey all -
I'm trying to use the following formula to conditionally format a cell:

=EOMONTH(F14,0)=L3

I basically have a cell in my sheet with "TODAY()" then I have series of
cells (headers for columns G thru AH) that create a timeline based on today's
date using the "EOMONTH" function / formula. For example: Cell "G3" has
"=EOMONTH(A3,-3)", Cell H3 has "=EOMONTH(A3,-2)" etc.

I then have a series of tasks in column A. Each with an end date entered as
"m/dd/yy". I'd like to indicate when a given task is due by formatting the
background color of the appropriate cell.

When I enter =EOMONTH(F14,0)=L3 as the conditional formatting formula, I get
an error message saying "You may not use references to other worksheets or
workbooks for Conditional Formatting criteria."

Any help you could send my way would be much appreicated!