Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How to copy & paste excel charts to Words as Windows Metafile

1. When you select the chart such that the black handles are evident, you
have selected the chart area or another chart element. When you select it so
that the white handles are visible, you have selected the ChartObject, which
is the container which holds an embedded chart.

2. You're using the MS web interface for the newsgroup. I have no idea how
this works, nor how its notifications work. Many participants in these
newsgroups use an NNTP interface, such as Outlook Express, which is logged
into the news server msnews.microsoft.com.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"xppuser" wrote in message
Thank you to Andy and Jon for the replies.

Andy your suggestion worked as I wanted it to work. Don't know why MS did
it
such a way that if I want to copy just the one chart, I have to hold the
shift key to effect what I wanted. I would have reported this to MS if I
know
how - maybe they can remedy this.

I have two further questions that I would like to ask but one of it is not
directly related to the topic - however I could not find the exact avenue
address it to.

1. (Related to my question/topic) What would be the technical term or
explanation to what I am trying to do (copying the chart with the white
handlers) and why the difference between the handling when the handlers
around the perimeter of the charts is either white circles or black small
squares?

2. (Unrelated to my question/topic) When I click the link from my
notification (when there was a reply) email from this newsgroup, sometimes
it
gets me directly to the reply but other times the link only gets me to the
start of the newsgroup, from which I have to then look for my postings.
Would
anyone be able to explain why this is the case? If this question better
posted elsewhere, I would appreciate suggestion of a suitable newsgroup.

Thank you once again. Look forward to receiving responses.

jes