Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Default V-lookup and summing values if more than 1 matches criteria

Try the SUMIF function rather than vlookup; the format is roughly:
=sumif(Range to search, What to search for, Range to add upon matching). In
your case something like =sumif(B:B,46,C:C).

"holcay" wrote:

I am trying to investigate a way in which I can get V-Lookup to sum the
values and bring back the total figure when more than one cell matches the
search criteria. E.g. if I am getting it to search for number 46 and I want
it to bring back the next column, and there are two 46 matches, and each of
the columns I want to bring back having a number in there, I want it to sum
the two numbers and bring back the total figure.