Daniel Bonallack

You may wish to try this if you can access your registry settings:

Go into
HKEY_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Office/10.0/Excel/Security.

Change the "level" value from "2" to "1" - this setting should stick, and
you shouldn't encounter disabled macros again.

Daniel

"jvoortman" wrote:

I was working in an Excel worksheet. Closed it while I went out for a
while. Opened it up on my return to continue working in it but now
when I try and use the Macro I had set up for pasteing "text only", I
get an error message which redas as follows:
The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online
help or documentation of the host application to determine how to
enable macros. I tried the help files in Excel but I couldn't find any
solution. Please help (ps..thanks in advance for any help offered). I
did try to go to ToolsMacrosSecurity, where I lowered the setting
but that made no difference. I am using Microsoft Office XP Pro, and I
am using Office 2000 version of Excel.