Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj

Default Copy exact value from one cell to new formula in another cell

on your first sheet set up a list of the terms you want for example in A1 put
reddog1
in A2 put reddog2 etc
then in column b1 enter=countif(Sheet2!$G$9:$G$30007,A1)
copy b1 down to the end of the data in column A
please note I changed your data reference to absolute reference rather than
relative.

"asg2307" wrote:

I created a countif formula, but have a great amount of exact values to put
in a number of cells which will count up another sheet with those values. Is
there an easier way to input the formula for each cell other than editing the
copied formula over and over again? i.e. =COUNTIF(Sheet2!G9:G30007,
"=reddog1") I will need to change reddog1 to reddog1, reddog3, bluecat1, etc.