Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Another Multiple Conditions Query

Hi

The fact that the data is dynamic and growing over the year doesn't
matter.
In the Pivot table source data filed, give it a named range, e.g.
Mydata.
Make Mydata a dynamic range. for more information on setting Dynamic
Ranges and Pivot Tables take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
and scroll down to Pivot Tables
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"D Zandveld" wrote in message
Thanks, the problem is it is a dynamic array, which will grow over the
year.
The data resides in a separate file located on the server, updated by
our
accounts department.

I really need a flat combination of SUMPRODUCT et. al.

I have done it before (the last time I was writing a sales system),
that's
the frustrating part...appreciate the idea though.

Any other suggestions?

"wjohnson" wrote:

I would try using the PIVOT Table function - Located under Menu Item
"DATA"
For the PIVOT TABLE select all of Column A, B, C.
For your Rows Drag and Drop Column A
For your Columns - Drag and Drop Column B
For your "Data" field - drag and Drop Column C
And it will be done.
Then if you need to work with the DATA Copy the PIVOT TABLE and then
do
a do a PASTE - SPECIAL - and select "VALUES"

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: