Scott Summerlin

The linked formula cells are formatted as percentages not text. When I
manually paste the data (instead of relying on the links), I'm copying it
from another worksheet in the same workbook. The original data is formatted
as a percentage as is the cells I paste it to.

Thanks,
Scott

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

SUMPRODUCT() will treat text as 0. Are your linked formulas producing
text?

Or are you pasting your data in, say from a web site, where they'll be
parsed as text (to fix, copy an empty cell, select your numbers, choose
Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons).

In article ,
Scott Summerlin <Scott wrote:

I have two mysteries to solve:
1. How come the sumproduct equation works on some of the copied worksheets
but not all?
2. How come the sumproduct equation works if I convert the percentages from
linked data to manually inputted data?