David McRitchie

Hi Carl,
It sometimes gets you a quicker answer if you show how far you got.
Assuming that your regional short date format is ordered as mm/dd/yy

=1<=COUNTIF('carl_1'!A:A,YEAR(A2)*100+MONTH(A2))

---
HTH,

"carl" wrote in message ...
I have data from 2 sources. I would like to match up the data that is tagged
with the same month and year data. For example:

data set 1

Date Product
200503 ABC

data set 2

ColA ColB ColC
Date Product
3/18/2005 ABC TRUE
5/15/2006 ABC FALSE

I am trying to find a formula to place in Col C of data set 2 that will
return true if the month and year are the same. Is it possible ?

Thank you in advance.