Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Conditional Formatting in Excel

.. Well, I wanted to know if there was a way to say
"if A2 is equal to 1 but A3 isnt make A1:A5 Red"
and so on so I don't have to manually have to change the color each time.

Select A1:A5
Click Format Cond Formatting
Condition 1, Formula is: =AND($A$2=1,$A$3<1)
Click Format button Patterns tab Red OK
Click OK at the main dialog

--
Max
Singapore
wrote in message
news:BaptistKitty.22nz01_1138987803.6306@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Ok, I just read about conditional formating in a thread from 2003 on
another site that I found on google.... It was quite helpful but I was
wondering if there was a way to go further.... no one was answering me
on the other site so I thought I'd try another.....

I have a thing I need to do in the first cell, then as I complete 4
steps to the thing I add a "1" in the next 4 cells one at a time. Every
time on step gets completed though, all 5 cells change color so you can
tell at a glance how far you are by its color.

Well, I wanted to know if there was a way to say "if A2 is equal to 1
but A3 isnt make A1:A5 Red" and so on so I don't have to manually have
to change the color each time.

Just curious.... I'm learning a lot about Office lately.....

Thanks!!

--
BaptistKitty
BaptistKitty's Profile: