Scott Summerlin

Default Sumproduct function not working

In cell a1, I have the following sumproduct equation,
=sumproduct(b1:b5,b6:b10). The data in b1:b5 is formatted as currency. The
data in b6:b10 is percentages; the percentage values come from a link to
another worksheet.

The sumproduct functions works fine on the original worksheet. However, I
made 10 copies of original. For 4 of them, the sumproduct function does not
work. Cells b1:b5 have numbers greater than zero. The percentages in b6:b10
are 100%. Therefore, cell a1 should have a number greater than zero. Yet,
cell a1 shows only zero.

If I eliminate the links for the percentages in cells b6:b10 and instead
manually input the percentages, the sumproduct equation in cell a1 returns
the proper value.

I have two mysteries to solve:
1. How come the sumproduct equation works on some of the copied worksheets
but not all?
2. How come the sumproduct equation works if I convert the percentages from
linked data to manually inputted data?

Thanks,
Scott