Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How to copy & paste excel charts to Words as Windows Metafile

Most people prefer pasting the picture inline, but you have different
requirements.

Anyway, now you have to change it from an inline object to a floating object
in Word. Select the picture of the chart (in Word), then from the Format
menu, choose Picture. Click on the Layout tab, and pick the option that
matches how you want the picture to float, and how text should wrap around
it. Click on the Advanced button to get more options.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"xppuser" wrote in message
Thank you Jon for your suggestions. Your suggestion did bring the menu
Edit
- Paste Special - Picture (Window Metafile) option in Word but when
pasted
the picture was pasted (and behave) as if it was pasted as Picture
(Enhanced
Metafile) option. What I wanted to achieve was a 'floating' picutre in the
Word document rather than a picture that was 'forced' located onto the
sentence line (you know the one with the 'reverse' P mark when Hide/Reveal
codes was swtiched on) when pasted.

Like I said previously, if I has selected two or more charts, there appear
to be no problem but if only one chart was selected, pasting as Picture
(Window Metafile) option seems to be unavailable. Is this a bug or just
the
way it is or I am not doing it right yet?

Would therefore appreciate any further advice/information. Again, thank
you.

jes

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Here's the best way to do what you want. Select the chart in Excel. Hold
Shift while selecting Copy Picture from the Edit menu (Shift changes Copy
Copy Picture). Select the On Screen and Picture options. Switch to Word,
and
do a normal paste.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"xppuser" wrote in message
hi all,

Office 2003 SP1, Windows XP Pro SP2,

i have created some charts in excel worksheets. what i want to do is to
copy
and paste the chart into my Word document. additionally, i want to
paste
it
as a Windows Metafile picture not as MS Office Drawing Object or
Picture
(Enhanced Metafile).

now, i seem to only be able to get (in Word) Edit - Paste Special -
Picture (Windows Metafile) option if i had selected (and copied) at
least
two or more charts to be pasted in the Word document. had i only
selected
single chart then the only option available to me is Edit - Paste
Special -
Picture (Enhanced Metafile) or MS Office Drawing Object. the problem
with
having to copy multiple charts is i have then have to crop them in the
word
document.

can anyone explain to me why is the particular behaviour and whether
there
is a work-around this? any advice, help and information is appreciated.

thank you,
jes