Ian R

Default How to sum cross two categories?

I have a journal file and a ledger.
The journal contains expense category, date, value and is randomly sequenced.
The ledger is a rectangual array. Rows are expense categories, columns are
months. The leger cell for a given expense category / month is the sum of
journal entries with the given expense category and month. I have a feeling
that Is hould be able to use something like DSUM to do this, but I can't
figure it out. I'd appreciate suggestions! I daresay many people have done
this, so a reference to a solution would be fine. I don't, of course, have
money to solve the problem... or someone else would be doing it.

Thanks
--
Ian Rowlands