Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy

Default Im trying to make a budget sheet! NEED HELP

Hi Mike,
To achieve the following:

A B C
1 Day Input Total
2 Monday 7.00 7.00
3 Tuesday 9.00 16.00
4 Wednesday 5.00 21.00
5 Etc.

Type in Cell C2 '=B2' (without quotes)
In C3 type '=IF(B3="","",C2+B3)' then copy this formula down the rest of
the C column as far as you want to go.

Sandy

"mike" wrote in message
Hi, im a new user to excel. Im trying to make a budget sheet. What I would
like to do is to be able to input in a number, say when i go out and fill
up
my gas tank. I would like to be able to input this number into excel and
then
have it continually add up the ammount of times i fill up. I know how to
do
this by totalling but instead of having to add up all the times i need to
fill up, if i could input this in daily while excel creates a total it
would
be amazing. Can anyone help me. Thanks

I guess im looking for this

Input ---------- Total