Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
carrotops

Default What happened to Excel?

I use Excel every week to type up business documents, but today something
went wrong. I clicked on the icon and a box popped up that said "Please wait
while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Small Business." Then it asks
me to insert my Office CD.

I've looked all over for my CD and I cannot find it anywhere, but I need to
use Excel or I'm in big trouble. Does anybody know why Excel won't open
anymore when it worked fine last week and I haven't uninstalled or changed it
since? Does anybody know how to fix it?

By the way, it was trying to install a "Office Service Pack 2" a little
while ago and that was also causing it to ask for the CD, which I never
found, so these problems may be linked somehow. I don't know.

Thanks for any and all help!