Mike

Default Date Formatted Cells

I would like to know how to format cells so when I enter "090404", 9/04/04 is
displayed in the cell. 09/04/04 would work as well. I only want to have to
type six numbers for the date, and for Excel to recognize and interpret the
date and print it in the above format. Is there a way to do this?

When I try to do this, I go to Format and then to Date and select the format
I want, however, Excel does not recognize "090404" as a date, it accepts it
as some date serial number or something and gives me the wrong date.

Please help.

Mike