Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Find numeric value at end of string

On 4 Feb 2006 09:52:26 -0800, "Harlan Grove" wrote:

The most efficent way to learn regular expressions is to respond to
regexp questions in Unix and scripting language newsgroups and enjoy
the feedback.

I have been reading the two ng's you recommended, (and also making my way
through the book you recommended), but responding on those ng's is difficult as
they are either unix or perl -centric.

So while I might be able to devise a regex in response to a request, I have no
facility (or ability) to express it in the language they're looking for. So
far, they have provided useful exercises (obviously not useful enough, in view
of this now obvious error of mine), but I have not felt in a position to post a
response.
--ron