Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Default Question regarding formula

Maybe...

=IF(F37="","",OFFSET('Priced BOM'!$T$3,MATCH(2,1/('Priced
BOM'!$AD$3:$AD$1270=F37))-1,-9,1,1))

....which will match the last occurrence. Although, I'd use the
following formula instead...

=IF(F37<"",INDEX('Priced BOM'!$K$3:$K$1270,MATCH(2,1/('Priced
BOM'!$AD$3:$AD$1270=F37))),"")

....because it excludes the OFFSET function which is volatile. Note that
both formulas need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just
ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Joe Gieder" wrote:

First, thank you in advance for your help and looking at message.

I use this array formula:
=IF(F37="","",OFFSET('Priced BOM'!$T$3,MATCH(F37,'Priced
BOM'!$AD$3:$AD$1270,0)-1,-9,1,1))
and it works fine with one exception. The formula is copied down many rows
and what it does is takes the total cost of a part (F37) and matches it to
$AD$3:$AD$1270. When the result is found it then copies the part number, the
problem is that if two different part numbers exist with the same cost it
will only show the first entry (I know this is how match works, finding the
first occurance and then proceeding to the next row). Is there a way to say
if the row above is the same value skip to the next value with the same cost?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe