Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bpeltzer

Default Paste a value into "Find What"

You've probably got something like FindWhat = "value"; edit that part of the
..Find method statement to instead read FindWhat = Range("A1").value.
You'll need to replace the A1 with the correct cell reference (it may wind
up something like "A"&RowNum, where RowNum is a variable you've set to
indicate the row whose value you're seeking).
HTH. --Bruce

"jbrit" wrote:

I have a work book with data in several worksheets and one main sheet that
contains all the data. Column A contains an id number. I want to record a
macro that deletes a row from one worksheet, finds the corresponding row and
deletes it from the main sheet, then pastes it into a sheet that contains all
the deletions. How can I copy the value in column A and paste it into the
"Find What" box, or is there another way to do it? I'm using Excel 2002.