Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Piotr Krasnicki

Default Problem with exporting xls sheels to txt files separated by tabs

Hello,
I have a problem with exporting Excel sheets to txt files separated by tabs
that I can't find any solutions for. The problem is with fields containing
quotation marks or apostrophes (every other fields are fine). To explain the
situation I'll give you my own example:

Field name in Excel (before export):
R.E.M. - "Stand" - 7" (PROMO)

Field name in text file (after export from Excel):
"R.E.M. - ""Stand"" - 7"" (PROMO)"

As you can see, not only quotation marks were doubled but also they were
added in the beginning and end of the whole phrase (probably to distinguish
the fields). so I have the following question: "How can I properly export
Excel sheet with fields that have quotation marks and apostrophes inside to
avoid adding any unnecessary characters?"

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Piotr