Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Debra Dalgleish

Default How to Sort Customer List with Specific States

Another option is to create a custom list, and use it as your sort order.

To create a custom list --
In a cell on a blank worksheet, type the list of states in your territory
Select the list of states
Choose ToolsOptions
Select the Custom Lists tab
Click the Import button, click OK

To sort the states in your customer list--
Select a cell in the states column, and choose DataSort
From the first dropdown, choose State
Click the Options button
From the 'First key sort order' dropdown, choose your list
Click OK, click OK

SeaTiger wrote:
I need to sort my customer list with the states in my territory which
consist of CA, NV, AZ, HI, WA, AK, OR, CO, NM, ID, WY, NM, MT.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List