Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DTTODGG

Default Protect "signature" cell

This sounds interesting and worth investigating.
I'm still learning VBA, could you give an example? Or where to find more info?
Thanks in advance.

"JNW" wrote:

Since initials are easy to imitate, you could look at using the
environ("username") command in VBA. This will limit certain actions based on
who is logged into the computer itself.

"DTTODGG" wrote:

Good morning, Excel gurus!

I have a spreadsheet where I have protected the workbook and worksheet
except for the input fields.

I have one cell that I would like to use as a "approved by" cell. I would
like all users to enter the data in the other "unprotected" cells. But this
one cell I would like password protect. Can I use a different password than
the worksheet pswd? If not, that's OK - just asking.

So, what I would like is when you tab to that cell, you get a password
prompt? Only the CFO (and me) will know the password - so when his initials
are in the box, we know he "approved" the file.

Bonus question, after he "initials" the cell, can I lock the entire sheet?

This is a cheap version of a "digital signature" :-)

Thanks a bunch!