Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shirley Munro

Default Copying a Formula which contains a link to another worksheet

Hi David

I think I am now possibly on the right lines but when I use the formula
you provided, it is still giving me a 0 value in every second row.
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to insert a screen shot of my
data in here but can I give you more details and the exact cell
addresses.

The details in the first sheet are as follows:

cell D21 contains the value £22,756
Cell F21 contains the value £32,988
Cell H21 contains the value £53,537
Cell J21 contains the value £58, 350

I was to copy these values into another worksheet start in cell B3 and
then continuing down in cells B4, B5, B6 etc

When I use the OFFSET formula you sent me changing row 3 to row 21

=OFFSET('Production Output'!D$21,0,(ROW()-3*2))

the value in B3 appears is the text contained in A21 of my worksheet.

When I copy the formula down column B, cells B4 and B5 contain £0 as
there are no values in B21 and C21. Cell B6 contains the value in D21,
B7 is then £0, B8 contains the value in F21, B9 is £0, B10 contains the
value in H21, B11 is £0 and so it continues.

It is probably something simple but I can't work it out and desperately
need more help. I don't know if it makes it any easier but I could have
the values appearing along a row instead of down a column and at least
then I would be working in the same direction so instead of going down
column B I could go along row 3. I've tried both ways and no luck so
far.

Thanks for your help so far

Shirley Munro

--