Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default ... round a time entry to the next "30 minute increment"...

Aah! but it was.
The OP said round to the next higher half hour when 12:45, and round
back to 12:00 when it was 12:15
Maybe
=IF(MINUTE(A1)<30,ROUNDDOWN(A1*48,0)/48,ROUNDUP(A1*48,0)/48)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bob Tarburton" wrote in message
Okay, now that I read the second half, I see that when to
roundup/rounddown was not specified.
My apologies, Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
No, I meant ROUNDDOWN. The OP said ... I would also like some of the
values
to round back to the next lower "30

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Tarburton" wrote in
message
I think Bob meant ROUNDUP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=ROUNDDOWN(A1*48,0)/48

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in
message
I have a worksheet that I enter time values into individual
cells:

A1 = 6:00
B1 = 12:00
C1 = 12:45
D1 = 17:15

When I enter these values, I would like some of the values to
round to
the
next higher "30 minute increment" such as Cell C1 should become
13:00.

I would also like some of the values to round back to the next
lower

"30
minute increment" such as Cell D1 should become 17:00.

What function should I use, or what code should I type for this.

Darrell