Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Need formula help setting a range for calculations

Hi Sharona

I substituted the figure of 480 for your (really large formula).
With 13 in F16 it returns 40, with 14 it returns 80, with 15 it returns
120 and so on, which is exactly what I would expect if the really large
formula were returning a constant figure, as the divisor will be an ever
increasing value between 1 and 12.
Is this the type of result you are looking for? If not, then re-examine
this part.

Now, you need to turn to the really large formula bit, what is the total
value being returned from here. Is this picking up the data from the
same range of months that you are dividing by?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sharona77" wrote in message
I made the following formula:
=IF(AND(F1612,F16<25),(really large formula)/12*(F16-12),0)

F16 is the # of months. What I need to do is be able to calculate only
for
the range of months listed, and if the # of months is higher, I need
to keep
the calculation to a 12 month period only, not calculate higher with
this set
of formulas. I will then have another line with the same basic
formula
calculating for the next year range, but only for 25-36 months, and be
0 if
F16 is < 25 months.

Ideas? I can't figure out how to calculate only the months for the
ranges-
it keeps calculating more if F16 is greater than the range.

HELP!!