Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tushar Mehta

Default Use InStr function in formula?

If you are like me you would probably go with a pass-through VBA function.

function VBAInStrRev({all the arguments to InstrRev)
VBAInStrRev = InStrRev({all the arguments to InstrRev)
end function

We'll soon hear the howls of all those who prize saving 3.141592 CPU cycles
over the loss of transparency, maintainability, and ease of understanding.
Since I am not one of them, yes, I would strongly consider use of the pass-
through function.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Thanks you gentlemen. I'm sorry that I asked the wrong question. I actually
need to search from the end of the string and need the InStrRev function.
Possible without code?

Lee

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can use =search() or =find()

=if(isnumber(search("something",a1)),"found it","nope")

=find() is case sensitive
=search() isn't.

Lee Hunter wrote:

Is there anyway to use the InStr function in a formula or must I create a VBA
function to do it?

Thanks,
Lee

--