Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
la90292

Default Customer List Categorized

Hi Chuck:

Thanks for your suggestion. So I created columns a1-h1 to input the vendor
codes for each customer. How would you CONCATENATE them all into an
additional column for idenifying groups?

Thanks,

Victor

"CLR" wrote in message
Personally I would use a separate column for each vendor, and then
CONCATENATE them all into an additional column for identifying groups.

The separation can be done then with either conventional sorting on the
Vendor columns, or better yet by using the Data Filter
AutoFilter.........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"SeaTiger" wrote:

I am setting up my customer list and I need to identify which vendors
each customer buys from. I currently have 8 different vendors that I
have assigned a letter, i.e. A B C D E F G H. Some customers may buy
from one vendor, others from a few to all.

I want to eventually be able to sort this list according to the vendors
that the customers buy from for specific calling lists for my sales
staff. The headings on my list are CUST NAME (A1), STORE NAME (B2),
ADDRESS (C3), CITY (D4), ST(E5), ZIP (F6), TEL # (G7). What's the best
way to set up the heading(s) for the VENDORS for sorting? Can it be
one cell and where I would enter A, B, C etc. codes for the vendor or
should I create separate cell/columns for each potential vendor?

In either example, what formula would I use to sort the customers who
buy from let's say for vendor A or a group of vendors B, D, G? I would
like the new list to be exported to a new spreadsheet.

Your time and consideration would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
victor