Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Is there a way to force Excel to close workbooks independently?

Don't use the X associated with the application window.

use the X associated with the sheet window.

(Yes, excel works differently than MSWord.)

Cam wrote:

The reason this is an issue is that Excel is the only application I use that
functions this way. All other applications close each window independently
and I don't want to have to remember to use a different method of closing a
window just for Excel.

"Cam" wrote:

When opening and working in multiple workbooks in Excel 2002, each workbook
opens in a separate window. However, when you click on the X in the top
right corner of one workbook, Excel attempts to close all the open workbooks
at once. Is there a way to stop this? Word does not work this way and I
cannot find any reference in the help files on a way to turn this feature
off. Does it require a registry edit?

--

Dave Peterson