Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default Circular reference problem

Although you can enable circular references, it's a dangerous thing to do.
Perhaps the better approach is to use VBA to sense when a cell is changed on one
page and copy it's contents to the other. That may appear to be complicated for
you though.

If you're going to muck with VBA anyhow, only have one copy of your sheet and
create two buttons on the sheet - one which will format the whole page one way,
and the second which will reformat it the other. Then you never have to worry
about the data getting out of synch between two pages.

Just turn on the macro recorder, select the data and format it, then turn off
the recorder. Do it again the second way. Now you have the two requisite macros.

Good luck...

Bill
---------------------------------
R.Hocking wrote:
Hi all,

I've come up against a problem with referencing between two sheets in
one workbook. The situation is as follows:

On sheet1, I have a complete list of data. This is displayed in a
different visual format on Sheet2. I have it set up so far so that, for
example, if I enter / alter data in cell A1 on Sheet1, Sheet2
automatically enters / alters the data in a corresponding cell.
However, on some occasions, I may want to alter the data in Sheet2 and
have Sheet1 update the equivalent cell! This seems to cause problems!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a way round this?!

Thanks in advance,

Richard.