KitKat

Format all the cells involving times the same way (including the cell that
holds the calculation). For example, select the cells containing the data,
go to FormatCellsNumber then select 'Time' from the category section then
choose 13:30 from the 'Type' section.

Then go back to your spreadsheet and use a simple subtraction of the 2 cells.

A1 B1 C1
13:30 17:30 =B1-C1

You should see 4:00 as your answer.

:)
"Michele" wrote:

I am trying to design a simple excel spreadsheet that will calculate overtime
worked. I want it to display similar to this. The spreadsheet would
hopefully be a template and password protected, so all one would have to do
is fill in the blanks.

Sunday 13:30 17:30 4
Monday 17:00 18:00 1
Tuesday 17:00 17:30 .5
etc
TOTAL 5.5

Any suggestions, as I am stymied on how to do this. I am using Excel 2003.
Thanks.