Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sylphide

Default life contingencies

I'm doing an excel spreadsheet for a life contingencies right now. I'm
reproducing an illustrative life table with different values for the sexes
(lx). I have completed my life table including qx,px,dx etc... so I have all
the values for px, qx, lx, and dx so far, from age 0 to like 110. I need to
calculate values for temporary life insurance and temporary life annuity due
(Ax and ax with the double dots).

The data are all aranged in columns. So what kind of excel function do you
use to get the insurance values? ( ie the sum of (v^k)*(kpx) from k=0 to n-1)
Obviously you cant sit there typing in all the values of k, so how do you get
excel to do the summation of the general formula?

Thanks