Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default Excel and Quickbooks

Hi Karen
You can export to the same file, same worksheet if you want (at least in
QB Premier 2004 edition, UK)
When you have the report on screen, click the Export tab.
You have the option to export CSV file, File to new Excel Workbook, or
to Existing Excel Workbook.
If you choose existing, you then have the option for New Sheet, or
Choose existing Sheet.
You can also get it to send an instruction sheet explaining Excel
linking.

Note. the existing file has to have been saved first, and must be closed
before the export takes place.
I think I would be inclined to copy the data from the existing sheet
first, then Paste Specialvalues to another sheet in the Workbook, and
name the tab the Month in question.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Karen" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm working on setting up a speadsheet in Excel using data from
Quickbooks
(an accounting package). I have the speadsheets linked but every month
I have
to redo the links because when I export from Quickbooks into my excel
spreadsheet it creates a new page in the workbook. I need to overright
the
information each month so it pulls the same cell information each
month. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
--
Karen