Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bjw10

Default paste special - formulas

Niek,
Many thanks, great idea. I had no idea what the GoTo function did until now.
I will definitely use it in future.

However, it doesn't quite solve my current problem in that my formulas are
spread out over multiple places in the worksheet and following the GoTo you
can't copy them all together in a single copy command. If I copy/paste them
individually it's almost the same as having to manually update each
individual formula in the target area.

You seem very definite about the function of Paste Special and yet the doc
seems clear that clicking the formula button only "pastes formulas as entered
in the formula bar" and elsewhere formulas are defined as expressions
starting with an '='. Yet this is not how it works in practice.

Could this be a bug and not a feature?

Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Brian.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

No, that is not the intention. What you require can be achieved via EditGo
toSpecial, check Formulas and then copy and paste.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"bjw10" wrote in message
I thought the intention behind Paste Special - Fomulas was to copy across
only the contents of cells that contain a fomula (i.e. begins with an '='
sign) and NOT those that contain a value. Have I got this wrong? It
certainly
doesn't work that way for me since both formulas and values appear in the
paste area.