Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JimDerDog

Default Macro to highlight cells based on content

I have a spreadsheet generated by an Access query being exported. It lists
names down the first column, then has 5 columns, some cells in these columns
are blank, some with "1" in them, some with "2", some "3", and some "4".
I need to highlight cells with any number greater than 1, or any two
adjoining cells in a single row that have greater than or equal to "1" in
them.
I presume that this would require some sort of conditional formatting - I
can probably do the first but struggle with the 2 adjoining cells bit.
The other complication is that this spreadsheet is produced on a weekly
basis so it would be very useful if the process of highlighting could be
automated in a macro so we open the spreadsheet, run the macro and the
appropriate cells are highlighted.