Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Creating a Summary Worksheet

... clear A1 (using the space bar),

Aha, that's the culprit <g. Do not use the space bar to clear cells, always
use the Delete key instead.

But just for the record, we could of course, make it more robust against
such "practice" (clearing cells by using the spacebar) by wrapping TRIM()
around the key col A in the formulas in col K in Sheets 1 - 4. TRIM will
remove the "invisible" white spaces. (But it's always better not to use
spacebar to clear cells.)

For example:

Instead of in Sheet1's K6:
=IF(A6="","",ROW(A1))

we could use:
=IF(TRIM(A6)="","",ROW(A1))

then copy down as before

It should work fine now ..
--
Max
Singapore
"jjjam" wrote in message
Auto calc was enabled, but thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Here's what I'm seeing: Assume I have data in sheet1:A1 thus creating an
entry in the Summary sheet. If I go back and clear A1 (using the space

bar),
then A1 in the Summary sheet goes blank (which is good), but B1 and C1 of

the
Summary remain. It was my understanding that if A1 is blank, then no

entry
would be made on the summary, thus I shouldn't see anything in B1 and C1

on
the Summary sheet. Am I correct?

As always, thanks for your help, you're amazing.