Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Creating a Summary Worksheet

"jjjam" wrote:
.. I used your formulas for a spreadsheet
I was involved with, and it worked great,

Glad to hear that !

.. If there's data in A1 (the key), then obviously the
Summary gets updated; however if I go back and
update any of the sheets 1 thru 4,
it seems that the Summary page fails to update.

It should update automatically in the summary sheet with any* updates done
in any of the sheets 1 - 4 (I've just re-tested it here), unless the book's
calc mode is inadvertently set to "Manual"
*not just in the key col A

Try pressing F9 to recalc, does it recalc / work now ?

To check / change calc modes:
Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Check "Automatic" OK

Let me know how it went for you ..