Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
loopkid1

Default Splitting single column data into two

I've got a worksheet with one long column:

165 Archivists and curators (252)
137 Art, drama, and music teachers (2235)
194 Artists, performers, and related workers, n.e.c. (328, 329)
199 Athletes (34)
074 Atmospheric and space scientists (1846)
183 Authors (34)
078 Biological and life scientists (1854)
114 Biological science teachers (2213)
135 Business, commerce, and marketing teachers (2233)
048 Chemical engineers (1626)
115 Chemistry teachers (2214)

and so on. I know it's possible to split it so I end up with the
numbers (165, 137, etc.) in column A and their corresponding categories
in column B, but I have no idea where to start! Is anybody familiar
with a function that would do this? Thanks much for any help
available!

--
loopkid1

loopkid1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21729