Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Default Entering a row everytime column C changes value

try this. the key is working from the bottom up instead of the top down.

Sub insertrowifnotminusonerow()
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "c").End(xlUp).Row
For i = lr To 2 Step -1
If Cells(i - 1, "c") < Cells(i, "c") Then Rows(i).Insert
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"aashish" wrote in message
I need help creating a macro that will insert a row everytime a value in
column C does not equal the one before it. My data set can be 1000+ rows,
so
doing this manually is a bit mind-numbing. I could also set up may data
so
that a 0 or 1 is indicated every row that needs to have a row inserted.

thanks in advance.