Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Asian Mike

Default Active Hide Emtpy Cells

To start out I have a spreadsheet with a column of people's names and then a
row accross with various tasks. Then the corresponding name-to-task cell is
marked with a "C" for complete or "R" for required. What I would like to do
is find a way to, the same sheet further down, create a list with each
persons name and the name of the tasks marked "R". For example:

Name | Tasks
----------------
John | Task#1
------------------
| Task #2
------------------
Joe | Task #2
------------------
| Task #3
etc...

I'm currenty using simple conditinals but found this to be tedious with over
500 names. And also I would like to find away to eliminate a lot of the white
space (when the conditinal is false display nothing). I was think of a loop
that would look at each of the cells in the row and then if it was equal to
"R" it would display whatever and then go to the next row. I don't know how
complicated this is and I fairly newb when it comes to macros. Any help
and/or alternative ways are very much appriciated. Feel free to ask questions
if you need more clarification.